SIOX-5 RE25 is a water repellent protective coating based on sol-gel technology developed by the Group of Chemistry for Cultural Heritage at the University of Padua, Italy (Patent n. 0001370467 Synthesis of silica protective films by tin-catalized sol-gel process).
HOW IT WORKS
The product contains nanostructured silica gel. Once applied it forms a layer of amorphous silica thin, colorless, transparent, compatible, water resistant and breathable.
The functionalized component - hydrophobic- is arranged outwards and it prevents the absorption of water and substances by porous surfaces as natural stone or artificial material (plasters, stucco,terracotta) .
Bottles of 1l, 3l, 5l
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL SHEET
- carbonate and silicate stones
- lime plaster
- cement plaster
- ornamental and covering terracotta
- clay tiles
- wall paintings
- NEUTRAL ASPECT
- HIGH LEVEL OF WATER RESISTANCE
- HIGH DEGREE OF TRANSPIRATION
- RAPID ACTIVATION (30 MIN)
- COMPATIBILITY WITH SILICATE AND CARBONATE SUBSTRATES
- RESISTANCE TO UV IRRADIATION
- RESISTANCE TO POLLUTED ACID ENVIRONMENT
- POSSIBILITY OF REAPPLYING
- NOT TOXIC