SIOX-5 RE16 is a water repellent protective coating based on sol-gel technology developed by the Group of Chemistry for Cultural Heritage at the University of Padua, Italy (Patent n. 0001370467 Synthesis of silica protective films by tin-catalized sol-gel process).
HOW IT WORKS
The product contains nanostructured silica gel. Once applied it forms a layer of amorphous silica thin, colorless, transparent, compatible with the substrate, able to bond with glass surfaces and fill microcracks (craquelure). The ceramic is water resistant and the penetration of stain, salts and microorganisms is prevented.
Bottles of 500 ml and 1l
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL SHEET
- glazed ceramic
- NEUTRAL ASPECT
- HIGH LEVEL OF WATER RESISTANCE
- HIGH DEGREE OF TRANSPIRATION
- RAPID ACTIVATION (30 MIN)
- compatibility with silicate substrates
- RESISTANCE TO UV IRRADIATION
- RESISTANCE TO POLLUTED ACID ENVIRONMENT
- POSSIBILITY OF REAPPLYING
- NOT TOXIC