Water repellent treatment for natural stone, plaster and terracotta
SIOX-5 RE10 is a water repellent protective coating based on sol-gel technology developed by the Group of Chemistry for Cultural Heritage at the University of Padua, Italy (Patent n. 0001370467 Synthesis of silica protective films by tin-catalized sol-gel process).
HOW IT WORKS
The product contains nanostructured silica gel. Once applied it forms a layer of amorphous silica thin, colorless, transparent, compatible with the substrate, water resistant and breathable.
The functionalized component - hydrophobic- is arranged outwards and it prevents the absorption of water and substances by porous surfaces as natural stone or artificial material (plasters, stucco,terracotta).
Bottles 1l, 3l, 5l
DOWNLOAD TECHNICAL SHEET
- carbonate and silicate stones
- lime plasterS
- cement plaster
- ornamental and covering terracotta
- clay tiles
- wall paintings
- neutral aspect
- high level of water resistance
- high degree of transpiration
- rapid activation (30 min)
- compatibility with silicate and carbonate substrates
- resistance to UV irradiation
- resistance to polluted acid environment
- possibility of reapplying
- not toxic